Valentine’s Day is one of those holidays when many people like to decorate their homes. Whether you’re planning an intimate dinner with a loved one or party, or want to be festive, there are numerous door and window decoration ideas for Valentine’s Day. This day gives many homeowners reason to decorate in February as they would for Halloween or Christmas.
Some ideas for decorations include:
- Wreaths: A wreath is a popular addition to a front door. You can purchase one in a store or create a Valentine’s Day wreath as a DIY project. These DIY decorations can include red hearts or pink or white ribbons. You can even create some XOXO’s or add flowers to entry doors.
- Paper Window Decorations: Paper is easy to work with and for creating heart-shaped window clings; scatter them or make strings of hearts. You can even make paper couples, have them kiss, or create the message of your choice to express love and tape it to the glass. Shapes and symbols can be further enhanced by interior lights.
- Valentine’s Day Blinds: A great way to spice up your décor, colored blinds themed for Valentine’s Day are easy if you can replace the slats. Also, an appropriately colored ribbon can be woven through the blinds or down one or more cords. Loosen the ribbons if it’s hard to pull the blinds.
- Curtains: This is one of the fastest and easiest ways to decorate. You can use a themed ribbon or garland as a curtain tie back or drape it from the top of the curtain. To prevent it from getting in the way of opening your window treatments, use a separate garland for each curtain.
- Shades: Some choices include hanging a wreath above your shades or draping garland down the side of them with Valentine’s Day themed colors. You’ll want to follow these recommendations because attaching decorations directly can make it hard to open your shades.
- DIY Decorations: If you are creative, you can decorate your house with any type of love-inspiring décor you can think of. A few craft ideas include:
- String art heart project for your walls
- Chandelier of paper hearts
- Chain of paper hearts
- Heart-shaped wreath wrapped in yarn
- Letters spelling out love wherever you look
- Keep the Heart Theme Going: You can repeat the same theme in virtually unlimited ways. If you’re crafty, you can create a heart pillow or even draw hearts on wood; if you’re especially handy, you can cut out heart-shaped wood slices and paint them to hang on the wall. A heart-shaped bird feeder made of pinecones, a heart made of corks, or a fringed heart pinata are other possibilities. If you’re looking for an alternative, yet impactful Valentine’s Day wreath, how about a red circle with an arrow cutting across?
Update Your Windows and Doors with Window World of Boston
We hope these love-related Valentine’s Day decorating ideas spruce up your holiday. But if it is a new and updated look to your home that’s needed, we can help choose new, energy efficient windows and doors that provide ample sunlight. At Window World of Boston, we provide lead safe installation in accordance with Environmental Protection Agency standards and a one-for-one cold weather installation method for replacing your windows in the winter.