Gutters aren’t exactly the most exciting of home accessories, but they are a necessity. While their obvious function is to siphon rainwater away from your home or business, gutters actually work to protect your entire property from all sorts of costly damage. On average, gutters redirect nearly 35,000 gallons of water a year away from your home and property line. Professionally installed gutters are vital to the upkeep of any structure and help protect your home from a variety of things, including:
- Prevent basement flooding
- Prevents landscape and lawn erosion
- Discourage mold from forming underneath overhangs and on roof
- Prevent water stains from forming on the exterior of your home
- Prevents water from pooling on the roof and leading to water damage
- Helps prevent damage to any concrete or pavement
- Protects your foundation from losing its integrity
Those are just some of the benefits of having professionally installed gutters on your home or property. But most homeowners are unaware that gutters come in all sorts of different materials and can be crafted to be seamless. Seamless gutters are some of the most durable and low maintenance gutters on the market today. Here we will discuss the benefits of having seamless gutters installed on your home or commercial property.
What Are Seamless Gutters?
Choosing the right materials, manufacturer and installation team are all important factors when shopping for gutters. Whether you are replacing old gutters, or you are in the midst of new construction and want the most durable and long-lasting gutter system for your home or business, it is wise to contact a professional before making a final decision. There are a wide variety of gutter systems on the market today that have been redesigned to save homeowners even more money in the long run.
Traditional gutters, sometimes referred to as sectional gutters or seamed gutters, are essentially smaller sections of gutter that are affixed together. While these systems serve their purpose just fine, they are prone to leaking, sagging and clogging. This happens over time, especially when you don’t properly maintain your seamed gutters. However, there is an alternative that can really up your gutter game, while also giving your home that polished and refined appearance.
Seamless gutters are the pinnacle of gutter systems. As the name suggests, seamless gutters have no seams. No seams means no leaks! Brilliant, right? This innovation in manufacturing creates one seamless length of gutter that is cut on-site to fit the exact specifications of your property. The only joints that exist are at the corners of the exterior where the seamless gutters are attached.
Benefits of Seamless Gutters
These revolutionary gutters do require the expertise of a skilled roofer and gutter installation company that has the proper machinery to customize your seamless gutters for the perfect fit. Seamless gutters may be a little more expensive than your traditional gutter system, but the savings in the long term are undeniable in comparison. Here are more benefits of outfitting your property with an expertly-crafted seamless gutter system.
- Less Maintenance – This is a huge perk for homeowners. No one enjoys cleaning out their gutters 2-3 times a year. If you can cut down gutter maintenance by installing a seamless gutter system, why wouldn’t you? Because of the seamless design, these streamlined gutter systems don’t accumulate as much debris. When you pair your seamless gutters with a gutter guard, it really cuts down on ladder time when cleaning out your gutters.
- Fewer Backups and Clogs – Because seamless gutters are customized to your property’s exact specifications they are installed in a way that keeps water flowing freely. The lack of seams eliminates the possibility of twigs, tiny branches and moss from getting lodged in the joints, which cuts down on backups and clogs.
- Less Likely to Leak – As stated above, seamless gutters only have joints at the corners of your property where the downspouts are attached. This does away with the leaks by creating a seamless, single piece of material that allows water to pass through without leaking or pooling. Gutters that seams will eventually leak due to old age, weather and the weight of debris piling up. Seamless gutters solve that problem by their intuitive design.
- Aesthetically Appealing – Seamless gutters offer lasting appeal & beauty. One big benefit of seamless gutters is the lasting beauty and appeal they provide to the home. Many find them more aesthetically appealing than sectional gutters. They are often constructed from aluminum but can also be made from copper and steel as well. Most can be painted to match the home’s exterior. Many also offer a baked-on enamel finish that lasts for years and never requires painting.
- Increase Property Value – Installing seamless gutters to your home creates a beautiful linear appearance devoid of unsightly breaks in your overhangs. Seamless gutters not only increase curb appeal but it protects the home for years to come from potential water damage, mold and other related issues. If you plan on selling your home in the future, a seamless gutter system can really be an added talking point for the buyer.
When Is It Time to Get New Gutters?
If your old gutters are cracked, leaking or you have significant debris that has collected in them, it may be a good time to replace your gutters and install a seamless gutter system. Don’t sit idly by and see your home fall into disrepair due to faulty and broken gutters.
Waiting too long to replace your gutters could result in serious damage to both the exterior and interior of your property. Leaky gutters can lead to mold and water stains on the side of your property and even crack the foundation of your home.
If you are ready to update your existing gutter system and need to find out what is the best fit for your home, it’s time to call a professional. Gutter specialists will be able to assess the needs of your property and give you a fair quote based on the specifications of your home. Keep your home free of pooling water and mold for years to come, and install a seamless gutter system today!