If you plan to sell your home soon, it would make sense to tackle a few home improvement projects. You can attract more potential buyers and command a higher asking price on the market after. Your roof and siding are easy choices, but what about your windows? Are they still in good shape? If not, you should consider having them replaced with better units. This allows you to showcase their many exceptional features. They can even help expedite negotiations with new homeowners before closing a deal.
Window World of Boston, your trusted window and siding replacement contractor, discusses the window features you need to highlight to attract more buyers to your property.
Excellent Weather Resistance
Windows that can withstand long-term exposure to local weather are one of the many features prospective buyers look for in a home. If you have old windows, they may not provide the same weather protection found in newer, well-built ones. While you can have them fixed before selling with a new coat of paint on the frames or updated weather stripping, a complete replacement would be a more sensible option.
You will know if it is durable and long-lasting just by looking at the window assembly. These two qualities are important criteria that home buyers consider non-negotiable. As long as the windows are installed by trusted window and roofing service pros, the strength these products have can help deter possible threats to home security and safety.
Increased Access to Natural Light
Having smaller windows at home is nice, but if you’re planning to sell, they might not be attractive to some home buyers. Some like their living spaces to evoke an open, airy vibe, which is something they can get in homes with large windows.
Before listing your property for sale, consider installing a few sliding and picture windows. These particular window styles have slim frames and large glass areas, which help bring copious amounts of natural light to create the illusion of a spacious living space. Not only that, but the design of these windows allows for an unobstructed view of the outdoors. Consult a window and siding replacement professional for other window styles that will help boost your home’s access to natural light.
Improved Energy Efficiency
The aspect of energy efficiency has caught the attention of home buyers, including first-timers, because of the compounding savings they can get over time. If you want to take it a step further, invest in energy-efficient replacement windows is your best bet. They provide a wide range of advantages, including the following:
- Improved insulation. It is not uncommon for window and siding manufacturers to offer products with insulation properties. Newer ones, especially those that meet energy performance ratings, have more durable seals to keep the heat in during winter and out during summer. With these investments, you won’t have to worry about “hot” and “cold” spots in your living spaces.
- Considerable savings. Homes with energy-efficient features are attractive to buyers because of the savings they can achieve from them. With new windows installed, you can reduce the load on your heating and cooling system, preventing unnecessarily high energy expenditures.
- Enhanced comfort. Energy-efficient windows have durable seals that keep air leakages at a minimum. With these, you can get the most out of your HVAC system’s efficiency and performance.
Tips to Get the Most Out of Your New Windows
When investing in new windows before selling your home, you need to cover all bases to get a significant return on your investment. As the leading window and roofing service company in the area, we recommend considering the following:
- Framing material. It is not enough that you pick windows that are well-constructed and have no blemishes whatsoever. Take the framing material of the product you’re looking to purchase into consideration. After all, it can impact the longevity, durability, and performance of your new windows. Review your options carefully by learning more about the benefits and drawbacks of each frame material available on the market today.
- Window style. A variety of window styles offer better features than others. When it comes to energy efficiency, picture windows are best because they allow more sunlight in and have the tightest seals. Operable windows, like double-hung and sliding windows, promote ventilation more. Casement windows combine the best of both worlds. You have the option to open them as little or as much as you want to catch breezes and air out your indoors. Close them up and the sashes are pressed tightly against the frame to prevent conditioned air from escaping.
- Window budget. As with most home improvement projects, a window replacement requires budget planning. Without it, you risk overspending or making unplanned changes. Worse, you may not complete the project at all. Be sure to understand the ballpark figures so you know how much it will cost. Obtain estimates from two or more contractors to review and compare. Consider the financing option that best suits your situation as well. Cash remains a convenient choice, but there are other ways you can fund your window replacement, like credit cards or home equity loans. Of course, you need to set contingencies to cover the cost of unexpected expenses, which often involve hidden problems uncovered during window inspection.
Turn to Window World of Boston for Your Window Replacement
Ready to attract buyers to your property? Invest in high-quality windows from Window World of Boston! As one of the leading window and siding manufacturers and installers, we follow through with every job from start to finish. Count on our team of experienced technicians to answer your questions and provide any level of customer support you need. When you get in touch with us, you get a free in-home estimate that includes an inspection, needs assessment, and discussion of your home improvement goals. You’ll also gain access to financing options so you can get your project started seamlessly. More importantly, we offer a lifetime limited warranty for our residential installations.