Windows are an important component of any home. Not only are they responsible for providing natural light throughout a structure, but they act as an integral design feature. Cosmetic importance aside, new windows can act as an insulator, noise buffer, and energy-saving feature.
Let’s face it, replacing your existing windows doesn’t sound like a good time. New windows, while better constructed, can come at quite the cost. But your old windows may be costing you a lot of money in the long run anyhow, so it is worth the investment, and it’s better for the environment.
The windows of today are well-constructed with energy efficiency in mind. One way of telling that your windows are certified as energy-efficient windows is by purchasing windows that come with the Energy Star logo. Energy Star windows come with a little blue seal of approval. It essentially means that this particular window, or brand of windows, is ranked among the more energy-efficient.
And yes, we understand that most homeowners want to keep costs low when they need to replace their windows. But is the least expensive option really the best option? It is true that energy-efficient windows can cost upwards of 15% more, but they do offer savings in the long term and are something that can add serious value to your property.
5 Benefits of Installing Energy Star Windows
- Superior Insulation – It may come as a surprise, but the windows of today are quite effective at keeping outside temperatures at bay, while the interior of your home stays cozy and comfortable. Energy Star windows eliminate hot and cold spots in rooms. They provide a barrier to keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer, even without having to run your air conditioning in some instances. This is accomplished when windows are constructed from multiple panes of glass that are slightly separated. The gaps in between each pane offer superior insulative qualities.
- Environmentally Sound – It should come as no surprise that Energy Star windows are energy-efficient, thus making them a great choice for homeowners that are concerned about making a positive environmental impact. Energy-efficient windows significantly lower energy usage by keeping your home temperate year-round. This makes your home more eco-friendly because you aren’t using as much electricity or gas to keep your home temperature controlled.
- Save Money in the Long Term – Obviously, when your home consumes less energy that would normally go to heating and cooling costs, the savings start to add up. This one of the most major incentives for homeowners switching over to Energy Star grade windows. Another big win is the tax credit that most cities and townships offer to homeowners willing to install energy-efficient windows in their homes. When you combine the lower utility costs and hearty tax credit you’re looking at some serious savings.
- Protects the Interior of Your Home – This one of the lesser-known benefits of installing Energy Star windows. The sun’s ultraviolet rays are extremely damaging to fabrics, floor coverings, unprotected wood and other design elements found in your home. Prolonged exposure to ultraviolet rays can discolor rugs, carpets, as well as furniture or drapes. Luckily, energy-efficient windows protect your home from 98% of the UV rays, so you’ll never have to worry about any of your home’s belongings being damaged.
- Noise Barrier – Soundproofing is another major perk that comes along with installing energy-efficient windows. Because these windows already come with several barriers of glass insulation, loud noises like sirens, traffic, storms, and other distractions are considerably reduced. This becomes especially useful if you are in a densely populated city where modern homes are built right next to one another.
Help Selecting Windows for Maximum Energy Savings
If you want to cash in on the long term savings and eco-friendly benefits of Energy Star windows, you’ll need to contact a trusted window contractor. Window World of Boston is the largest replacement window company in the United States. We have one of the most extensive selections of energy-efficient windows to suit any home’s exterior.
Finding a trusted window contractor is key to the longevity of your exterior. From installation to the quality of the materials, go with a contractor that is licensed and experienced. Check sites like Yelp and Better Business Bureau to verify that they do quality work. Window World Boston serves customers in the Boston area from our Woburn, Pembroke, and Shrewsbury offices.
Window World Boston can completely transform the way you view energy efficiency and add value to your property with our superior Energy Star window installation services. We are one of the most trusted siding companies in Massachusetts. We offer FREE in-home consultations.
Call today: (781) 262-3925